Epson Error code 0x97 is an indication that can be seen when you’re confronted with any internal hardware issue with an Epson printer. There are a variety of reasons that cause this error, like motherboard malfunction or another internal component malfunction. If this error happens, the printer ceases to print anything that hinders you from performing a vital task. If you experience error code 0x97 when you use the printer of your Epson printer, you’ll need to read this post to discover the methods solution to solve Epson Printer error code 0x97 using the easy steps described.
How To Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x97?
It is often seen on models like Epson WF-3640, WF-4630, WF-3620, WF-7620, and 7610. If you want to get rid of the error code 0x97 on this Epson printer, follow the instructions below.
Method 1: Unplug and plug back in
- The first step is to disconnect all cables attached to your printer.
- Remove all cartridges for the printer.
- Always disconnect your printer’s power source by pulling the power cable downwards.
- Then plug in all the cables, and then use the USB cable.
- Install the ink cartridge on your printer.
- Then turn the power back on, and verify if the error persists.
- Verify that the error message continues to appear. If the error continues, you can continue with the next step.
Method 2: Another Method to Unplug and Plug-in
- Shut off the power to your Epson printer, and remove it from power sources.
- Unplug the USB cable and the device.
- Then, wait for about five minutes to let the printer rest.
- Hold and press your device’s power switch for less than one minute.
- You must now join the power cable to the printer and press the power button.
- After that, verify whether this message is still visible and if it does not.
Method 3: Clean the blocked printer nozzle
- Shut off your printer, and remove it from the source of power, as well as your computer.
- Then carefully open the printer’s housing.
- Take the towel clean and apply any shampoo cleanser.
- Then, place the paper towel soaked on top of the printer heads.
- Let the code sit for 12 hours and test whether the error message doesn’t come back.
Method 4: Use Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter
Microsoft has many tools for troubleshooting printers. You can use them all according to the issue you’re facing with your printer and your printer. Download it from the official Microsoft site, based on your printer’s model and your computer’s operating system. Then, run it on your PC to fix many problems, including the Epson printer error code of 0x97.
Method 5: Switch your printer on and off
Turning the printer off can sometimes resolve technical issues like error code 0x97. It is possible to do this by following the steps:
- To begin, disconnect the USB cables and other accessories from the printer.
- Press the power button on your printer for around 60 minutes. This will reset the printer.
- Connect all your devices.
- Then push and hold down the power button for 60 seconds. Then take a print test.
Method 6: Disconnect and reconnect your printer
- Make sure there’s no jammed paper, then clean it up.
- Remove all cable and USB connections to your printer.
- Hold and press the power button for less than one second. Then let it go.
- Then wait for about one minute before reconnecting the printer’s accessories.
- Turn on your printer, and then run a test of functionality.
Epson Printer error code 0x97 is resolved in a straightforward approach, using the procedures mentioned above. If you require assistance, call the team of printer technicians, and they’ll give you the best solution to fix all kinds of Epson printer problems.